Monday, March 31, 2014

Cora's Art Gets Framed And Hung (Above A Toilet).

Ooooh La La! My two and a half year old is now producing fancy art for my walls. I love it... even though I hung it above a toilet.
Would you like a little peak?

In my old casa I had a couple of random tree photos hanging in a hallway. I think they're nice and all but I have no memory of when this type of art was my style. I'm all about some funky modern. Those little diddies did not make their way back up on the new house walls. In case you haven't figure this out yet I love a good repurposing! Those framerinos did not go to waste.

This is the best photo I have of them up on the wall. Ehhhh... sorry!

I had big plans for this art. I busted out the painter's tape and taped up a random design on some paper.
Out came the art supplies and the old t-shirts and that little artista in the making got to work.
I wanted to ease her in with some crayons before the paint started flying around the room.

The paint happened. And my old t-shirt made Cora look like she had no legs.

The old mat was cream. So I painted it up and made the shiniest white in town.

Cora's art dried and it was time to pull off the tape.
Oops...
tape does not pull very well off paper.

Change of plans. I pushed the tape back down and went with it. I looked to see where the mat would look best.

I cut the painting and put it in the frame. Up it went.


We painted the bathroom walls the day after I took these photos. I cannot wait to show you! As strange as it may seem, this bathroom is now one of favorite rooms in the house.

ps I painted the frames months ago and I don't think I have any photos of the process. A little paint peeled off after they were painted and I decided to go with it. I sanded a few areas of the frame down to show the original black and gold frame. I like how it turned out! Here is a close-up.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! It looks fantastic! Cora is taking after her artist mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So nice that you are able to get back into the groove of things and doing fun projects with Cora and around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paintings and the frames! They came out so awesome. Good work Cora and mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! Good job Cora..I've got some walls that need art...

    ReplyDelete