We bought it somewhat impulsively when we thought we were moving into a small house on the lake. The house fell through, there were tears and more tears. There was also now a Murphy Bed that we no longer had any use for.
Here is the pretty lady:
Then we found another tiny house and... tada! Ol' Murpherino suddenly became valuable to us again. The only problem was hiding an enormous Murphy Bed in bits and pieces around our old house while we tried to make it ready to go on the market. Somehow we managed to do so. In the process we broke it into as many pieces as we possibly could. There were quite a few people out there who had their doubts the Murphty Dumpty would ever get put back together again.
I am here to tell you that a miracle has happened and Murphenella is 98% put back together like brand new. There was a mattress mix-up and a little door snafu but otherwise, things are good in Murphy Land!
I debuted the plans for Murphy Doodle in this post. A few months later I am finally ready to show her off in all of her glory for real.
Change of plans... I just checked out how many photos it was going to take for me to get you to where Murphobama is now so we are going to go ahead and break this bad boy down into two posts.
Part 1: Take a look at the room, see some progress being made on MurhhyDoDa, and check out my to do list.
To Do List:
- Put up the murphy bed (somehow manage to get it back together, bolt the hinged bed frame into the concrete floor, get the lights working on it, attach it to the wall)
- Put away the 1,000 paintings that are all over the room
- Paint the room
- Put up paintings
- Put up art
- Put up blinds
- Pretty up bookshelves
Here is the room before we moved in:
Move in day explosion:
The door on the left is Scott's cubby hole of an office and the door on the right is the bathroom. Those fancy doors in the middle belong to everyone's favorite hidden bed, Mrs. Murphy.
Wooooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOO!!! One section of Murph-Town was officially aseembled!
Part 2 of Murphy installation- almost all of the parts were set up where they would ultimately reside.
The room was even starting to get a bit more organized but I am not sure you can really tell that from this photo.
While Big Murph was in the process of being assembled (we strung the whole process out over 2 months) our guests got to sleep on lovely mattress-on-the-floor-accommodations.
Luckily, our handy man extraordinaire had a hammer drill/ air hammer/ concrete drill. I am not sure what the name for the tool really is but I made sure to always refer to it as something different. Whatever the tool is called, you need it in order to screw into concrete.
That is where I am leaving you off today. I know this has been a super exciting edition of Never Listless. Just you wait until the doors go up and you see Murphy shining in all of her glory. You are going to be begging me to come up with Part 3 of the Murphy Brown saga.