Get ready to be excited! I am about to give you the scoop on how to make funky and interesting Easter eggs. I know you may lose your mind with excitement, but try your best to play it cool.
1. Chalkboard Eggs! Chalkboard paint is all the rage right now. So, I know you have some extra paint laying around. Get it out and get to work. You can even make your own chalkboard paint by following these directions.
3. The Lovely Swirly Egg. These creative egg-makers used rubber cement to get this look, but I bet you could substitute hot glue to make the process a bit easier.
4. Do you all remember my friends who throw awesome super fun and creative parties? You can find them here along with some silly costumes. They also have a semi-annual tradition of Easter egg decorating. Here are some of the things that people came up with:
The Hula Girl
This one was mine. It is a super hero duck named Mr. Goggle Pants.
This is Scott's fuzzy sheep.
And someone else made a funky crab.
There were plenty of other great ones, but these are the only ones that I happened to take a photo of.
5. Sharpie Eggs. This looks very time consuming, but what a cool result!
7. Watercolor Eggs. oooooh la la! pretty!
8. Circle Art Eggs. Martha gives you a little how-to on these cool stenciled eggs.
9. Kiss. Am I getting a bit away from the true Easter spirit here?
11. Animals. Farm animal eggs. Fantastic!
11. More Animals. Animal eggs might be my favorite thing ever.
13. String. A pretty one and an easy one! This eggos are right up my alley.
14. Humpty Dumpty Egg. A clever little 4th grader made this one.
15. Wax-Resist Eggs. Here is another idea from Martha the decorating machine. This one involves beeswax.
16. Basket Of Ideas. Rebecca from Three Points Kitchen used crayons, rubber bands, electrical tape, Q-tips, and some Easter egg dye to make these lovely eggs.
Easter is less than a week away! How are you going to decorate your eggs? I don't know if we will get a chance to decorate ours this year. Cora may eat them all first. That little babytoddler is C-R-A-Z-Y about eggs.
ps I know it is Wednesday and that means Wednesday's Weekly Would You Rather Question. But, how about we take a little break from that? I don't think anyone will be too upset!