Friday, March 8, 2013

17 Cool Growth Charts (And 2 Fairly Lame Ones)!

It is time to talk about documenting your height! For the last 18 months I have been keeping track of Cora's height on a freebie growth chart from the hospital I delivered at.

It is kind of cute, but I started thinking about how much cuter it could be.

My mom gave me the old chart that Kelly and I mapped our height on (at very random intervals). A few of my friends even made it onto the tallness keeper.

I found tons of awesome growth chart ideas. Don't you worry! I am going to share them with you.

As soon as I began to write this post, I noticed a blog called Bower Power that I check every so often just DIYed one of my favorites!


If you don't want to DIY one, don't you worry. I found some pretty neat height charts that you can buy.
Left: You can find at Ecojot for $12
Middle: Buy it here for $49
Right:  Sorry this red fella is no longer for sale, but you might be able to find something like him here.

You could turn your growth chart into a scapbook of sorts with photos and maybe even a few notes.

Here are some more great growth chart rulers. Isn't that a fun idea?!

You still don't see what you're looking for? I HAVE MORE!
Sorry the cute little teddy bear is so fuzzy!

Here is another take on the scrapbook-type growth chart. Go get yourself a shadow box!

Now, the fish painting below isn't exactly my taste. But, I love the idea of taking a painting (hopefully one that you made yourself so you don't ruin someone else's artwork) and marking heights on that. That little boy loves it.

For the growth chart below, you could leave the name off and use it as a bulletin board or magnetic board. You could even paint it with chalkboard paint.   

This one is one of my favorites! I love the idea of marking a piece of furniture and keeping track of the height that way. 

When I started writing this post, I thought that I would want to have a growth chart for Cora that looks really awesome. But, after spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME with growth charts I realized that it is all about the memories and traditions that come along with recording the height. So, you will probably not see me DIY a fancy growth chart down the line, but keep your eyes peeled for a marked up piece of furniture or some random lines on the wall of my house.

Happy Friday! I hope you all have a spectacular weekend. Go start some new traditions and make a few new memories (growth chart related or not)!

3 comments:

  1. Good ideas!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so random you did a post about this, i made one for jonah's room. i still need to hang it and write a blog post about it...apparantly 5 months isn't enough time to get these two things done

    ReplyDelete