Today, I am going to show you Cora's closet clean-up. I also compiled a snazzy listerama of my favorite closet organizing tips that I have given you in the past.
I am sorry to say that this is not my closet transformation, but it is an especially lovely one so take a look:
You just wait until I get my hands on the blank canvas closets that live in our new house. Things are going to get wild around here (if you consider really efficient shelving wild)!
In past closet organization posts I have dispensed lots of random organizational knowledge to you. And, I am about to do it again.
In between these tips, you get to take a look at a much less exciting transformation than the one above. I have some before and afters of Cora's closet after a big clean-up happened in it.
|Sorry these photos aren't very exciting, but any before and after is better than no before and after, right? ehh??|
From My Favorite Organizing Tips Post:
How about a few tips from: OO- Master Bedroom Closet, Part 2:
Step by Step: How I Organize A Closet:
- First, I remove all items that obviously do not belong
- Now, I go through everything and group all like items. I always start in the messiest area and end up in the tidiest area.
- After I have been through all of the nooks and crannies of the closet I think about the best location for each grouping.
- Undoubtedly, I soon find myself starting to wander and ditch the closet, leaving it half done. To combat this I work on another project that will make me happy- like putting clothes in order of color.
- As soon as I feel like mind-wander-itis has passed I get back to the important task at hand- finishing the closet!
- I do the final few sortings. Then it is time to fold, stack and tidy.
- After a good closet cleaning, there is always a huge pile right outside the door of things that need to go other places. So, I deal with that.
A Few More Closet Organizing Tips From OO- Master Bedroom Closet, Part 2:
If the answer is yes to all three then you can keep it!
OO- Coat Closet
OO- More Closets
OO: Tips & Tricks For Organizing The Linen Closet
Goodbye and Happy Weekend from Cora!