Wednesday, February 27, 2013

OO: 6 Ways To Control Your Cord Clutter!

The desks around my household tend to get pile-filed. We do not have the best desk systems in the world working here. The next three Organization Overhaul posts are going to be dedicated to decluttering and organizing your desk! Let's start with that crazy crazy mess you have hiding behind your desk.

It is time to CLEAN YOUR CORDS!



Let's get this party started. It is time to break it down!

Hook a little caddy under your desk to corral your cords.

You can buy this grassy fella on Amazon for $21 buckaroos. He's the classiest charging station I've ever seen. 

What a great idea for all of those USBs that are always floating around! 

Reuse those bread clips so you can tell which cord is which.

Here's a sneaky one... get yourself a pretty book; chop that book up and remove the insides. And thennnnnnnnnnnnn you get to hide whatever kind of cord mayhem you have going on! In the photo below, a wireless router is hiding its ugly face under the lovely book.

The double whammy! This one has labeled cords and a fancy little cord caddy! What more could you possibly want out of uncluttered cords and cables? 

One more cord holder for you

Before and Afters are the best!

Did I hear you say you wanted another before and after?


Uh oh... it is Wednesday! And, you know what that means, it is time for:
Wednesday's Weekly Rather Question:
WYR...
eat two watermelons
or
three quarts of ice cream of your choice?

This was a Scott WYR, but I had to pull it out of him.


It is time for a one day early birthday shout out to Mrs. "Yup, it's a bag" herself!

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANETTE!!!
    (Laura, I'm sure she will be thrilled about that photo!)

    I need help with cord clutter at work. I saw that book idea on "Katie" yesterday, really like that one.

    wyr : ice cream!

    Just like to add that Jeanette is one of my oldest friends...known her since elementary school in Australia. Hope she has a great b'day and enjoys her weekend with another old friend Jenni, who is renewing her wedding vows on the beach on Sat. in Australia.
    Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who Katie is. That is funny she had it on her show this morning. I have seen the idea for hiding lots of things in old books, but never cords. I like it!
      Thanks for the birthday/wedding breakdown!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, love the photo. Thanks for the memories and lovely comments Laura and Jean. Its a wet miserable birthday morning in Australia, Im praying it clears for the wedding (wish u were here too Jean). Looking forward to seeing u all soon. Love J xxx
      - watermelon

      Delete
    3. Can't wait to see you in just a few months!

      Delete
  2. So in need of this for work and for my house!
    Katie is Katie Couric...I know you were dying to know that.

    Ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was! Thank you. I can't wait to see all of your awesome DIY projects! Get to picture taking, lady!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed your blog post

    ReplyDelete