Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

It is Thursday and Never Listless is supposed to shut down for a day of rest today!
But.....
Now, I'm back. To let you know. I can really shake 'em down!
Do you love me? I can really move. Do you love me? I'm in the groove. Ah do you love me? Do you love me? Now that I can dance! Daaaance! Watch me now, oh. Work, work! 
Sorry, I just thought we needed a little more singing in our lives.

I am back to let you know I can really shake 'em down, but I am also dropping in to wish you a merry merry Valentine's Day! I hope you take the time to think of all the people you love. Write those people a letter, even an email will do. I am hoping that a blog post counts too!

So, to all of the wonderful people in my life: I LOVE YOU and am thankful for you every day! Thank you for being wonderful!

Now, let's take a quick gander at some more old school Valentine's Day cards. Wasn't it super fun to make your Valentine's envelope and then check it later to find out if any parent was smart enough to buy those delicious creamy lollipops to go with their kid's valentines? I'm not a lollipop lover anymore, but man oh man I can still taste the chemically goodness of these guys.

Lifesaver Swirl Lollipops!
Dear Google, I really had to dig to find a photo of these lollipops. Please do better next time. Don't make me step in again.


I'm not going to lie to you... I kind of loved this show. But that might have only been because it was on TGIF. Scott always says that the mom (the lady dinosaur below) reminds him of me... awesome!

Animal, you so crazy! 

Sebastian is one super suave crab! 

This Valentine's Day love is a little sweet but also a little bit incestuously creepy. 

Speaking of creepy... whhhhhattt is going on with Ken? 

There's nothing creepy about an awesome alien dressed up in animal print!

I think this might have been the most popular Valentine's Day card in 1990. I remember this raccoon like the back of my hand.

Thank you, MJ! I am cool, but never as cool as you with that awesome 90s sweater and that desert-y background!




sources: RaccoonSebastian, the rest of the V-day cards

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day Lar Lar!!! Now I want to sing and dance!!! Thanks for putting that song in me head! I love today's blog!!!!!

    xoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy valentine's day. i remember that raccoon really well too. maybe mom bought those for us to hand out--i wonder if other people our age remember it as well as we do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm I wish I knew more about that raccoon. I spent a bit more time googling for more images and then i realized that i was wasting my life searching for a valentine's day card from 1990.

      Delete