Our mailbox has needed some love and attention for a long time.
It has taken us four and a half years to finally getting around to it. The top of the post was a bit jagged looking and ivy had overtaken the entire thing.
Finally, one day I guess Scott got sick of looking at it so he busted out his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt. He loves the 80s just like me! Actually, the TMNT shirt is in his junky work shirt pile. Whatever- at least he is representing!
The process was:
Step 1: Mark a level line at the top of the post and then saw off the jagged bits.
Step 2: Glue a post cap onto the newly sawed off bit. Then blow all the saw dust off the mailbox (and make sure you get a photo of it!).
Step 3: Paint the post
Step 4: Clear all the ivy that had taken over
Step 5: Put down new mulch (bag is pictured in the photo above) and beautiful flowers. Ok- here is where a little snafu happened. I did step 5 and wow! What a difference. I did not immediately take a photo. Thennnnn... I was pretty darn lax in the watering department. Those beautiful flowers are now no more. So you will have to wait until Spring to see the true after photo. Ohhhh boy will it be worth the wait. I know you will be counting down the days.
Here is one more look at the before and after.