Monday, September 17, 2012

The Master Bedroom Chronicles: Step 1 and Step 2

Last week I introduced you to The Master Bedroom Chronicles. Today we get to start the exciting journey with Step 1 and Step 2.


Step 1: Move in. Throw a bunch of random stuff into the room and live with it for a while to figure out how we wanted to use the space.



This is all of the furniture we had at our old house. We moved in, put it where it fit best and lived with it for a while.






Step 2: Rearrange the furniture and add a seating area.


We moved the bed to the opposite wall and it instantly made a big difference! When I put that painting above the bed I realized right away that I liked the painting but everything else needed to change.





Whoa! What a huge difference it made to change the old desk into a seating area made. It really brightened everything up. The space now makes a lot more sense!



Just for kicks I will show you the photo of  the old desk that used to be in the corner again.



I put the old desk where the bench used to be. I was getting closer to where I wanted the room to be but there was still a long way to go.




Next time in The Master Bedroom Chronicles I will wow you with:

Step 3: Redo a desk with a funky chevron pattern.


Other steps to come in the near future:

Step 4: Redo an old chair for the desk.

Step 5: New comforter and lamps.


Step 6: Headboard, Part 1


Step 7: Make some wedding related art.


Step 8: New entertainment center.


Step 9: Add some new art


Step 10: Headboard, Part 2. Finishing touches. Try to bring it all together.


Here is a little reminder of what the Master Bedroom turns into after all of the steps are complete:





No comments:

Post a Comment