Today is Scott's 31st birthday! Happy Birthday, SCOTT!!!!
Here is a photo of Scott and Cora:
OKKKKKK... maybe Scott really isn't in this photo but Cora sure thinks he is. She has been carrying that book around with her every opportunity she gets. Yesterday morning I found out why. She started pointing to the photo on the cover and saying "Dad" over and over. I said, "Cora, that isn't Dad." But she insisted it was. Soon Scott came downstairs and she showed him and said "Dad." I even told her to give Dad a kiss. Who do you think her smackers went straight for... Yep, it was creepy, old man, black and white Dad.
Here is a really blurry photo from last year of Scott running top speed through his birthday banner (I will get to the birthday banner soon).
To celebrate the big 3-1 we will do some of the things that I have done my whole life to celebrate birthdays:
- There will be a decorative wooden cake
- Scott will run through a toilet paper banner that says "Happy Birthday, Scott"
- I will play Beatles- Birthday when he wakes up
- I will make Scott a coupon book of things like, "one day of no diaper changes," "one day that I will watch football with you." This one is slightly different than growing up. I used to make coupon books for my dad that had things like, "5 car cleans," "10 hair pulls" (hair pulls basically equal head massage," and "10 back walks."
- I will call the radio station and have them say happy birthday to him on the radio. Actually, that tradition stopped when I was about 10 years old. We may just keep it that way
- A few other traditions that might not make the cut are: Twizzler straws, a gum-drop tree, a Slip 'n' Slide, and chocolate pizza.
Here I am back in 1984 with #1 on the list- the wooden cake
Scott LOVES to ask would you rather questions. Most of them are something like, "would you rather wake up and I was me but had a squirrel head or I had 6 arms?" Answer is obviously six arms so he could make a good living in the carnival circuit.
So in honor of ScottPant's 31st birthday I am going to pose a few would you rather questions!
Everyone, feel free to answer them. I would love to hear some of your own WYRs too!
1. WYR... Always be a little hungry
Always be a little too full
2. WYR... Always have the sniffles
Always have on two very obviously different shoes
3. WYR... As an adult have to go back to high school right now. Grades 9-12 and you are the big weirdo who is creeping around like it's normal. (You can come home at night and you only have to work 20 hours/week of your normal job).
Have to spend the next 4 years in charge of whatever happens to the sewer stuff on a cruise ship. (You do not get to leave the cruise ship for 4 years but your family or friends can come with you).
... Sorry, I know this is a stupid one (UNLIKE THE OTHER FANTASTIC QUESTIONS).
4. WYR... You have to start every morning by randomly singing the national anthem to your next door neighbor. (They have no idea why and most likely stop answering the door after a week but you still have to keep singing)
Have to commute to and from work every single day on a horse. (You have to clean up the poop too but you don't have to worry about where the horse stays while you're at work).
5. WYR... Always have to wear the same outfit no matter what. (You can decide what outfit it is but you are stuck with it for the rest of your life... better not lose or gain too much weight).
Have to go everywhere by either walking, running or riding a bike. No exceptions.
Think carefully. These are important questions!
Here is a photo of my very lovely birthday-boy husband having fun with my little sweetie baby!
Happy happy happy birthday to the best husband in the whole world! I LOVE YOU!!!
and a very happy birthday tomorrow to one of my best Aussie pals, Lizzie!!!