Happy New Year, you lovely people!
2013, I welcome you!!!
I hope 2013 brings happiness, peace, and joy all over the world and a few less clutter piles to my house!
I know your resolutions are written, your 2012 calendars are in the recycle bin, and you are all ready to get organized! AM I RIGHT?!?!
I sure hope so because that is what's about to happen! 2013 is going to be a year of organized living. 2014 and on will certainly follow in her footsteps.
This month, I am going to be talking about some fantastic organizational tips and tricks! So, put your best organizing apron on and let's get cookin'!
The Berenstain Bears' book, The Messy Room, is basically the best organization manual ever created.
And, yes, in case you couldn't guess, my buddy, Microsoft Paint, assisted me in adding a few doodles to the picture above.
Here are some of things you'll see in January 2013's Organization Overhaul (OO):
- Some spectacular Before & Afters
- A look at my organization pitfalls and how I am going to try to fix them.
- Also, in each post, I will give you the best tips and tricks on each topic that I have found from my incessant organization reading and my own experience.
Here Is A Look At The Organization Overhaul Tips & Tricks Topics:
- Packing & Trips
- Hall Closet, Mail Sorting, Shoes, etc
- Master Bedroom Closet (Part 1, Part 2)
- Attics & Storage Rooms
- Pantry & Kitchen Storage
- Life Organization
- Bookcases & Visible Storage
- More Closets
- Space Saving Ideas
- Computer Files
- Holiday Stuff
- Everyday Junk
- Toys & Baby Stuff
Woooo-Weee there are a lot of things to get organized! You may just see OO going into February 2013!
Over the past few months I have tried to get you excited about OO! Let's take a look at the before and afters that made you want to dump out your junk drawer and get to sortin'.
- In the post, Organization Overhaul Is Just Around The Corner, I took a stab at the junk drawer and the pantry.
I sure hope you can tell. But in case you can't, the nonCora-ed photo on the left is the before and the Cora-filled photo on the right is the after.
The same goes for the two below: Cora photo = after. No Cora in the photo = before!
- In the post, The Case Of Another Empty Ottoman, you saw me declutter and organize one of Cora's many play areas.
I tried to trick you on this one by having Cora in the before photo and no Cora in the after.
- De-Junking The Toy Collection is a good bit older but it still has a pretty good before and after.
Why not end the post with double Cora photos. A Cora before and a Cora after.
Dear 13 year old Cora of the future, don't you worry... you are wearing your favorite outfit (shirt and a diaper) in all of the photos!
This concludes your introduction 2013's Organization Overhaul.
I hope you stay tuned and get to decluttering, dejunking and organizing with me.