Monday, December 10, 2012

12 DIY Ornaments That Make You Want To Get Crafty!

Welcome back to another edition of Never Listless- Holiday Style!

Today, we are taking a look at some pretty fantastic DIY ornaments. These ornaments make me want to put up about 15 trees in my house next year. I am really starting to understand why my mom's attic was completely filled with holiday decorations. Luckily, January's big Organization Overhaul is on my radar and I am keeping my collections under control.

Get clear ornaments and fill them with all sorts of beautiful colors and textures!

This might take the steady hand of a surgeon but go ahead and try gettin' your twine on!

Paint 'em up! As they say, go big or go home. Shhh... just pretend like that applies and say, "I KNOW THAT'S right."

Oh my goodness. This one is possibly my favorite ever. It is made out of old toilet paper rolls. Recyclable and so darn pretty!

Did you really think I was going to let there be a decorative post go by without throwing in some acorns. You're lucky that branches with notes attached to them would look ridiculous on trees.

This one takes some skill with a drill bit. But I think you've got it in you!
Angus, it is calling your name.

Whhhhhaaattttt is this fabulousness?!?! Grab a bunch of old toys. Squirt a little spray paint on. Drill bit. Eye hook. String = the most awesome ornaments ever

Some fancy person figured a way to turn an old t-shirt into a super adorable fluffy ornament ball.

Mod house ornament patrol. 
And, don't you worry... I still managed to sneak a branch into this post!

Scrabble tiles turned into ornaments! People are just too clever!

And, computer keys! Let's give a hand to those resourceful folks!

Another one of my favorites... cookie cutter ornaments!
I might just love it because it is another way to showcase pretty paper!
You could even write on the back of the ornament and use it as a gift tag. Then the recipient gets to  beautify his or her tree with it!


Are you about to bust out the glue and scissors and get crafty? Which one is your favorite?

sources: toilet paperadd color to glasscookie cutter, toy animal, twig, computer keysmod house, scrabble, old t-shirt, colorful, acorns


2 comments:

  1. All very cute ornament ideas. I get the feeling that all the ornaments I am bringing your way are going to end up at GW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. Who knows!
      I really love that toilet paper roll one. Isn't it neat?!?

      Delete